We had our big ultrasound a few weeks ago and found out that Audrey is going to be having a little sister! I have another ultrasound in a few weeks so I'll be able to double-check and be sure...this little munchkin seems to be a little more shy than Audrey ever was so it took a little time to find out. If she truly is a little girl, we have decided on the name Ava Renee. I almost didn't go with the name Ava because it is so popular right now and I wanted to stay away from "trendy" or overly popular names but we just like it...and Audrey really likes it too. It's one of the only ones that she would repeat when we'd ask her to....
Let's see...what's new with Audrey? About a week before Easter while Ryan and I were at my friend Ashley's wedding, Audrey smashed her face on our entertainment center. Ryan got a call on his cell phone during the reception from our babysitter and her mother. It was such a bad bruise that the babysitter (one of our favorite and most trusted outside of family) called her mom who was just around the corner to double check it....When we got home we were expecting to see a typical bruise/cut but it looked a little rougher than we anticipated....

Her new favorite thing to do is pray. She started telling us who she wanted to pray for at bedtime and she was very specific. If we left out someone that she requested, then we would have to pray again. Then she started praying in the car...she thanks God for the trees and the birds and the big trucks. A few days ago I was sitting on the couch going through the mail and she was praying with her Disney Princess figurines. She picked up one and said "Dear Jesus, Thank God for Cinderella. Amen." then she prayed for each of the 8 princess individually...then she did one big prayer and listed them all out together ("Dear Jesus, Thank God for Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Pocahontas....) You get the idea.... I was just sitting there listening and loving every minute!! We have since taught her how to have "prayer hands" and that we close our eyes when we pray...it's just the cutest thing ever.
This morning when she dropped her muffin on the floor, she mumbled "OH gosh..." It sounded so funny coming out of her little mouth...I suggested that she say "oops" instead :)
Audrey scraped her knees the other day at her Grammie's house. She was fine at the moment, but they were in the car about 30 minutes later and she started asking Grammie to pull over and telling her to stop because she needed a hug because she had boo-boos on her knees. My mom told her that she was a drama queen and was full of "drama, drama, drama" which Audrey of course loved to repeat...so now she admits she's a drama queen :)
She has also started telling me that "I need 3 minutes mommy" at random times. Everything is now "I need..." for example, "Mommy, I need food" "I need to put on my candles" (sandals) "I need to go for a ride in the Green one" (daddy's car)
I'm so excited for her to have a sister but I wonder how she's going to do when her world gets flipped upside down this September. Whenever anyone (animals included) gets near Ryan or me, Audrey says (or yells) "NO....that's my mommy (or daddy). She doesn't like the idea of sharing us with anyone...she talks about Baby Ava but she is going to have a major shock I think.
What else....oh...I spent all day Thursday in the ER with what we think was another kidney stone. That makes my 3rd now. Fun times.... I actually made it through the worst part at home during the night on Wednesday and was trying to stay away from the hospital, but Thursday morning I thought I might go into my OB just to be sure the baby was OK. They wanted me to go to my regular doctor who then sent me to the ER. Long story short, the baby was fine and I'm doing fine now too. Since I'm pregnant, they can't do a CT Scan so we couldn't see any kidney stones....they did an ultrasound of my kidney but all stones don't show up that way. I really think I passed it Wednesday night during the night and was just experiencing soreness after that. The ER was SOOOO slow....it took forever to do every little thing. Thankfully we had a tv in the room we were in that had ESPN or Ryan would have gone insane...he almost did anyway.
I still need to post pictures of mom & dad's new house. It is starting to feel so normal that sometimes it doesn't seem new anymore.
Today Ryan worked in the yard and the garage for a few hours and Audrey and I did laundry. She loves to load and unload the washer and dryer so I was putting her to work. :) We cleaned out all the cold weather clothes from her drawers and most of her closet and put them in a storage container and organized her summer clothes...we are all set for a few months...
Ava is kicking me as we speak...this is probably my favorite thing about being pregnant :)
OK....back to watching the NFL draft..(I'm such a good wife...)
No comments:
Post a Comment